6 Tasmanian Instagrammers You Should Be Following
“Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.”
– Robert Frost
When seeing the world, following the crowds allows for us to travel in style and in comfort, but if you really want to experience the beauty of the lands, try to avoid the crowds by going to the places less travelled. On these routes you may see places not yet spoiled and occasionally find delights, which were unexpected because they have not yet been on our TVs and brochures.
1. Tasmania has 3.4-million acres of protected wilderness, this majestic isle feels like a little slice of heaven with a few infamous Tasmanian Devils included. Photo courtesy of David Bellamy Photography.
2. Josh one of Tassie’s amazing designers, photographers and cinematographers working on imagery and media for some of the brightest brands and most known names in Tasmania.
3. Kathryn regularly posts amazing sunset shots from around Tasmania from her various travels and captures everything from waterfalls to auroras.
4. Lucy does an amazing job showcasing life around Hobart as well as some of our amazing beaches and landscapes.
5. Simon McLaine is a twenty year old freelance photojournalist residing in Tasmania, Australia. Simon has worked in a variety of photography styles and formats with the attitude and skills to adapt to any situation. Simon specialises in environmental portraiture, and has a true passion for action sports photography, especially mountain biking.
6. Phil is a sensational events photographer and has produced some epic imagery from this years Falls Festival at Marion Bay and MONA FOMA 2015 this January as well. Phil has the ability to capture artists and performers at their most magical state not just by looks but also with the emotional energy connected to the picture. A speak really does speak 1000 words.
“I am a Tassie Devil, born in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. I learnt health and fitness from the beginning of life with my father a food and exercise lover. I guess you could say I was born to love health and fitness with my genes and my up bringing. I started walking at 9 months and never stopped moving from there. I competed in state, national and international levels in sports such as running, swimming and waterpolo. I am a Personal Trainer who has run her own business in Australia, Austria, Saudi Arabia and online. Worked on a 6 star cruise ship as the personal trainer, fitness instructor, yoga teacher, health and well-being consultant, gym manager and detox and diet expert. I was also lucky enough to train French and Belgium professional golfers on the European Circuit for one year to help them improve their flexibility, strength and endurance. In March 2013 I had a baby girl, Laine. She is a wonderful blessing and gift to my life. For the first time in my life I had the challenge of not just staying fit but getting fit.”