11 Street Photographers to Follow on Instagram
Since Instagram’s inception 5 years ago, street photography has become an evolving and increasingly popular form of art. People worldwide spend hours each day roaming their cities to depict where they come from in its truest sense. The ability for street photographers to capture everyday moments, share it with their audience, and receive instant feedback has allowed them to hone their skills more with each passing day. When you think about street photography, names like Saul Leiter and Vivian Maier might come to mind, but today’s street photographers come by different names and they’re equally worth checking out!
(above cover photo by @visualmemories_)
1. @monaris_ – Paola Franqui is always there to capture the perfect New York City moments. Her photos from Chinatown are in a class of their own.
2. @visualmemories_ – Jomayra Texeira’s cinematic New York shots have allowed her to amass quite a following over the years.
3. @benerotto – Some of the best street photography on Instagram – based in Moscow, you’ll see influences from William Eggleston and Saul Leiter here!
4. @daniahany_ – Based in Cairo and shooting primarily in black and white, Dania presents the capital city in a way that shows Cairo is like any other large city in the world, yet with its own character.
5. @lvis.ca – Luis is originally from Mexico and recently spent quite some time traveling around Cuba, using incredible composition, colors, and the rich culture of the country.
6. @markusxandersen (tiny collective) – Markus is a professional photographer based in Sydney, Australia and is a member of Tiny Collective, a global photography cooperative focusing on mobile photography.
7. @novess – The 16 year old New York native has quickly made a name for himself on the Instagram with his incredible composition and lighting and has already worked with brands like Nike and Canon.
8. @m_mateos (tiny collective) – Matthew Wylie is also a contributing photographer to Tiny Collective and his photos are incredibly reminiscent of Saul Leiter’s work – I call it intelligent photography.
9. @cocu_liu – Chicago has become a hot spot for street photography Instagrammers – you’ll see why.
10. @jaspertejano – Jasper is currently studying Street Photography and his photos depict beautiful silhouettes with hints of color in the background.
11. @o_log – Russia like you’ve never seen before. Her use and sense for color is exceptional.
This blog post was written by Michael Henein (@mjh.photos)
Michael is a Greek-born Egyptian who has lived primarily between Dubai and the States. He currently resides in NYC where he roams the streets in search of the next great shot. He is currently working on a new project called Street Scenes Magazine to feature some of these incredible street photographers from around the world in print format, making great print work more accessible to the masses. Follow along the project @streetscenesmag