Get Inspired By These Adventurous Instagrammers
When you want to get outside into the wild while sitting back and relaxing right in the comfort of your own home, check out these amazing adventure Instagram accounts to follow. The world is captivating. One only has to flip through National Geographic Magazine or take in an episode of Planet Earth to understand why. You probably haven’t heard of many of the outdoorsy peps, but maybe you should. From trekking over amazing mountain peaks to going to the deep dark ocean below, these adventurous Instagrammers will give you breathtaking images on real time social media.
(above cover photo by @jimmy_chin)
1. @moore_rachel – Rachel describes herself as a “climber, divemaster, traveler and adventurer”, and her photos only go on to prove it. Moore is a professional high-fashion and fitness model who’s worked for Bebe, Guess, Levis, Urban Outfitters and more: Her photos and her, make the most exquisitely beautiful duo.
2. @jimmy_chin – You would probably recognize Jimmy’s photos before his name. His worked has found the covers of National Geographic, Outside and so much more. He’s a renowned photographer, as well as a professional climber, mountaineer, skier, director and athlete sponsored by The North Face. His instagram account shows the worlds beauty and will make you want to see so much more.
3. @colerise – He studied film and cinematography and has made a career behind the lens. An accomplished travel photographer who has worked National Geographic, American Express, Sony, Condé Nast Traveller and others. His Instagram is made up of the most enchanting celestial and outdoor images.
4. @treyratcliff – Trey is the founder of one of the best travel photography blogs on the web, StuckInCustoms.com. Hans Zimmer, the Academy Award-winning composer behind the scores of of Gladiator, Interstellar, Inception, etc., has been quoted saying that Trey’s images have inspired him. If that doesn’t hit home, nothing will.
5. @danpatitucci – Dan and his wife Janine are not just a beautifully talented couple, which are the creative eyes behind PatitucciPhoto; They are also both professional photographers. This amazing duo don’t just share a passion and skill in the world of photography they are mountain sport athletes who photograph the climbers, hikers, skiers and explorers in their backyard: the Swiss Alps. Dan and Janine don’t just take the photos of the wild side they walk on it too.
6. @taylorfreesolo – Taylor Freesolo Rees (her actual middle name—a legacy of climber parents) is best described with a multi-hyphenate title: filmmaker-photographer-environmentalist-anthropologist-climber. Born in Idaho and raised mostly in New Jersey and Massachusetts, Rees developed an early interest in environmentalism that started down a path globe hopping. …Shortly after graduating with a degree in biology, she left the sciences altogether, opting to teach school and create short films about sovereignty and land stewardship on a Pueblo/Navajo reservation in New Mexico. Her newfound fascination with the human-nature relationship would become a unifying thread seen in much of her future work.
7. @alexhonnold – Alex Honnold is a professional adventure rock climber whose audacious free-solo ascents of America’s biggest cliffs have made him one of the most recognized and followed climbers in the world. A gifted but hard-working athlete, Alex “No Big Deal” Honnold is known as much for his humble, self-effacing attitude as he is for the dizzyingly tall cliffs he has climbed without a rope to protect him if he falls. He is the founder of the Honnold Foundation, an environmental non-profit. And to this day, he maintains his simple “dirtbag-climber” existence, living out of his van and traveling the world in search of the next great vertical adventure.
8. @timkemple – It all started with a road trip, a camera, and some film. Director | Photographer | Climber | Skier | Vagabond. Tim is consciously aware of the wide audience of folks that might view his photos and that people may like [or dislike] his images for different reasons — but he hopes everyone can connect universally with the passion and attention to detail that goes into these photos [and videos]. These are his friends, heroes, and mentors in some of the most authentically inspirational mountains and cultures on earth.
9. @ansonfogel – Anson believes if an image makes you feel something, you’re on the right track. You only need to look at his photos to know he is a legend in the skills of photography and all things adventurous.
10. @renan_ozturk – Renan has the view that sharing these amazing photos of the rare and special moments of big climbs and so many other magical moments will help answer the big question of “why” without any long-winded explanation. I couldn’t agree more. So many thought provoking beautiful captures which will make you see the planet, in constant flux. You will view the changing colors and seasons reflecting inner cycles and the processes that photographers go through as creative individuals to capture the earth’s magnificent moment.